Arrived in a timely fashion. Had the sous vide machine on for over 4 hours at 64 degrees. Now whether or not this would be the case without the balls i cannot comment. There was a good coverage on the surface.
These work great as they keep the heat in better than my old way (clingfilm plus insulating wrap), prevent a lot of loss from evaporation, and the drawstring bag made of mesh is perfect to keep them together.
Does a fantastic job at preventing evaporation, giving flexibility a lid doesn’t have.
Really good, strong and perfect.
- Easy to use. Does what is says.
- does what it says
- Less fiddly than plastic wrap
Locisne Sous Vide Cooking Balls BPA Free 20mm 250 Balls with Mesh Drying Bag For Anova Joule Cookers Water Bath Cooking and Sous Vide Container
- Helps prevent heat loss-Lower energy loss during cooking. Made of BPA free PP, safe to 225°F. Cook for hours without adding water to sous vide container – sous vide rack will be easily accessible.
- No more middle of the night water level alarms-These sous vide balls allow you cook water for hours on end without ever having to re-fill. Due to the surface exposure between the water and air, water hardly evaporates during the cooking process.
- No more lids-Acts as lid to reduce splashing hazard but allows easy access to all shapes and sizes contents. Compatible with Anova, Nomiku, Gourmia, Sansaire, PolyScience Sous Vide Controller and other professional sous vide cookers.
- Packed in practical mesh bag-Facilitates the drying process after use and for easy storage. You could put all the balls in and hang up the bag in somewhere.
- From a 1 gallon container to a 5 gallon container, your sous vide water balls will cover the water from corner to corner with either 1 or 2 layers, keep the heat around your food. 100% brand new with good quality from Locisne Store. If any question, welcome to leave a message to us, we will be glad and find a best solution for you.
Supplied in a neat drawstring bag, there is just the right number of balls to cover the entire water surface of our sous vide. Using the balls means that it’s so much easier to lift out the sous vide bags to check food temperature. And we’ve found that they work as well as the plastic lid, keeping water temperature and reducing evaporation.
They do the job they were made to do.
We used them last weekend in quite a big container and worked well athough they were only enough for a single layer. Will probably be even better in a smaller container where they will form a double layer.
Used these for a 36 hour cook and no water evaporated wormed like a charm.
I use these every time i cook with my sous vide for more than an hour – mostly because of the evaporation but also it prevents your kitchen from getting fogged up. The balls are kept in a mesh bag so very easy to clean when not in use.
Never using plastic wrap again.